Indian wedding!!! Well just as these two words can be pronounced and spelled so easily by all of us, it is not so easy to actually do it. The moment you think you are ready to settle down, The question which stairs right into your eyes is : With who ?
Well, yes! finding a good guy ( Good guy = The guy who is good to you) is the most difficult job on this planet. Not because the men’s population has gone downhill but the quality has definitely not improved as per the requirement of a cosmopolitan girl. May be that’s the reason why I still have so many happy and successful single girl friends. It wasn’t a cake walk for me as well. After meeting tons of men of varied species with different (sometimes weird) choices in life, I kind of successfully completed this task of finding the man of my dreams as I met My Husband Saurabh Bhargava.
Though we met through one of the infamous matrimonial portals, I am still confused whether to call ours a love or an arrange marriage. In fact, our story has so much of drama that I can actually write a whole blog on it. But that’s not the idea here.
With this story of ours, I plan to help all those who are about to get married. May be by reading through our story, you can plan your days in a better way. It is cute to make mistakes at times but you would not want to do that around your wedding time.
So coming back to my story: We met in September 2015, it got official on 25th of October 2015 and our final dates were out. Before we could blink our eyes, our wedding dates were there in front of us. 4th -5th -6th of February 2016 were the last days as our life as single.
Let me take you closer to the marriage when we were shooting for the pre wedding pictures. Yes, Pre wedding photo shoot is really important. Not only because it is fun but also you get to know your partner in a much better way during this entire exercise of shooting and filming. Also the memories you create during this phase will last a lifetime. However, finding a good wedding photographer in your budget is a tough nut to crack. Sadly the marriages in India are so commercialised that Wedding photography has really become expensive. One can find a decent wedding photographer starting from 4 Lac and above budget!!!
Me and Saurabh literally had no clue about how expensive this photography affair can be. After going through numerous portfolio’s, we finally zeroed down on Siddharth for all our function photography and the cinematography ( It is a fancy sister of videography and therefore high maintenance).
The day of our marriage was getting closer and we were asked to find a location to shoot for our pre wedding pictures .My tips on pre wedding photo shoot: These basic tips will make sure that you have a good time while you are getting yourself clicked for your pre wedding photo shoot. If you keep these in mind, your pre wedding photo shoot is guaranteed to be a fun and memorable experience. These regular do’s and don’t’s are easiest to follow .
- Make sure you have two days to shoot for the pre wedding.
- Start early morning as the morning light is best for photography.
- Co ordinate your clothes ! Ideally one should wear contrast so that you complement each other perfectly. Avoid White.
- Wear Camera friendly prints, i.e big and bold designs.
- Do not experiment with your attire. Wear what you are comfortable in so that you are at your best.
- You must do look-books, at least two. One of them could be in ethnic and the other one could be modern clothing.
- Ladies, do wear your makeup. Camera is not fond of your bare skin. Also, don’t forget to carry your sun glasses.
- Be open to your photographer. Do ask him about the theme of the photo shoot.
- Do carry some props to add little element to the Photo shoot.
- Before you decide a place to shoot, do find out if the place allows shooting or not. You do not want to end up wasting you energy, your day and most importantly ruining your mood!
- Do carry food and drinks with you because you will definitely need it and you will be saving some time by keeping it handy.
- Do not choose a crowded place for the photo shoot. The pre wedding photo shoot requires a sense of silence and serenity around the couple.
- Last but not the least, Be Yourself!!! This is one photo shoot you will definitely relish all your life. You do not need to pretend or do what you don’t do otherwise. Be Yourself!!!